In the event of a water-related emergency, quick action can help minimize damage to carpets, walls and furnishings in residential and commercial buildings. Extensive water can damage your buildings structure quickly.
There are several steps you can take to immediately lessen the impact:
- Turn off the source of the water
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting
- Wipe water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Use aluminum foil or unstained wood blocks to lift or shield furniture legs from wet carpeting
- Turn on air conditioning, if possible, for maximum drying in summer
- If effected, open drawers and cabinet doors for complete drying (do not force)
- Move all paintings, art objects and electronics to a safe, dry place
- Protect the safety of your family and pets by keeping them away from affected areas
Prevent Restoration's certified technicians use specialized, heavy-duty equipment to help speed the drying process. Our equipment and specialized technicians will also be able to reduce the damaging effects of mold and bacteria.
Avoid these behaviors when having a water leak or flood emergency:
- Using a household vacuum cleaner to remove water
- Using any type of electrical appliance while standing on wet floors
- Leaving books, magazines or colored items on wet carpets or floors
As a licensed General Contractor (GL#284078), Prevent Restoration can repair any area of your home affected by Flood damage.